Concerns: Nuclear power plants, security-related laws, constitutional amendments, US army base in Okinawa, State Secrecy Law, TPP, consumption tax hikes, social security, employment and labor deregulation, agriculture, hate speech, education
Please Tweet with banner -> [ABE UNDER SIEGE] Protest demonstration on Oct. 2, 19:15 at Hibiya Open-Air Concert Hall
- [Date] October 2, 2015 (Friday)
- [Venue] Hibiya Yagai Ongakudo (Hibiya Open-Air Concert Hall; often abbreviated as Hibiya Yaon) in Hibiya Park
- *Entry restricted on a first-come, first-served basis (capacity: 3,000)
- <Meeting time>
- 18:30-19:15 *Venue opens: 18:00 (planned)
- <Protest march>
- [Start] Hibiya Park
- *March goes through Ginza and Yurakucho
- For Hibiya Yaon:
- Hibiya Station (Hibiya Line)
- Kasumigaseki Station (Marunouchi Line/Chiyoda Line/Hibiya Line)
- Uchisaiwaicho Station (Mita line)
Plans are subject to change. Please confirm details on our website.
- Abe Seiken NO! Executive Committee
[Abe Seiken NO! Executive Committee]
- Metropolitan Coalition Against Nukes / Genpatsu wo Nakusu Zenkoku Renrakukai / NPO Pacific Asian Resource Center (PARC)
<Participating groups in Executive Committee>
- Students Emergency Action for Liberal Democracy (SEALDs; previously SASPL) / Tokyo Democracy Crew / Himitsu Hogoan o Kangaeru Shimin no Kai / Wakamono Kenpo Shuukai Executive Committee / C.R.A.C. / Tokyo Action for Anti-Discrimination / Kantei-mae Mimamori Bengodan / Japan Lawyers Association for Freedom / TPP ni Hantai Suru Bengoshi Network / Shinjuku BEER & CAFE Berg / Kokumin no Shokuryo to Kenko o Mamoru Rendo Zenkoku Renrakukai (Zenkoku Shoku Ken Ren) / Japan Federation of Women’s Organizations / Japan Family Farmers Movement “NOUMINREN” / Zen-Nihon Minshu Iryo Kikan Rengokai “MINIREN” / Zenkoku Shoko Dantai Rengokai / National Confederation of Trade Unions “ZENROREN” / Tokyo Regional Council of Trade Unions / New Japan Women’s Association / Zenkoku Nogyo Kyodo Kumiai Rodo Kumiai Rengokai / Abe Seiken no Kyoiku Seisaku ni Hantai Suru Kai (As of September 5, 2015)
- Executive Committee email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press-related inquiries: email@example.com
- Metropolitan Coalition Against Nukes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 080-9195-2668
- Twitter: @MCANjp
- Genpatsu wo Nakusu Zenkoku Renrakukai Secretariat
- Heiwa-to-Rodo Center Zenrorenkai
- 2-4-4 Yushima Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
- Tel: 03-5842-6451
- Metropolitan Coalition Against Nukes
As of September 5, 2015, the Second Abe Administration was still frantically trying to steamroll security-related bills, otherwise known as war bills, through parliament despite the fact that many experts have deemed them unconstitutional. The Japanese public has been vocal in expressing opposition to these measures, with a protest surrounding the houses of parliament amassing more than 120,000 people on August 30 as well as tens of thousands of people participating in demonstrations at around 1,000 other locations nationwide on the same day. All over the country large numbers of people are voicing their disapproval of the Abe Administration.
The issues with the Abe Administration extend beyond the security-related bills. In August 2015, the government went against national consensus to break away from nuclear power by restarting the No. 1 reactor of the Sendai Nuclear Power Plant. Concerns are also mounting on other issues such as constitutional amendments, the US army base in Okinawa, the State Secrecy Law, TPP consumption tax hikes, the social security system, employment and labor deregulation, agriculture, hate speech and education.
All of the policies being put forth by the Abe government run contrary to the opinions of the general population. Self-indulgent cabinet decision-making and the railroading of bills through parliament by force of numbers represents a fascist style of government that is a far cry from the principles of democracy. The malicious disregard for the constitution has been sharply criticized by people from all different walks of life.
Most of the media have reported that Prime Minister Abe is set to be re-elected in the LDP presidential election on September 20. Keeping Abe in office suits the agenda of the LDP but is clearly not the desire of the overwhelming number of us the people. It is our duty to see the end of the Abe Administration, the worst postwar government Japan has witnessed. We urgently call on support from people at home and abroad to raise your voices against the Abe Administration.
- Please make appropriate preparations for weather, especially fluid for rehydration and rain gear.
- First-time participants welcome.
- Approach staff if you feel unwell.
- Solicitation to participate in religious or other groups is strictly prohibited.
- Please do not distribute any printed material to participants that has not first been approved by organizers.
- This action is a non-violent action. Please only participate upon understanding of this policy.
- No drones allowed.
Seeking other advocate groups
We are currently looking for other groups and organizations that are in agreement with what we stand for. We will release the names on our website of each group/organization that registers with us. Register here: http://abe-no.net/賛同のお願い
Help us with flier distribution
We will send you the fliers free of charge. Help us to spread the word to as many people as possible.
Help us with a donation for the event
The “ABE UNDER SIEGE! October 2 Protest” is run solely on donations from ordinary citizens. Please help us to continue our work with a donation.
From Japan Post Bank (at Post Offices):
- Account name: 首都圏反原発連合 (“Shutoken han-genpatsu rengo”)
- Account number: 00170-1-291074
If you deposit from another bank, use the branch number 019 with 0291074 as the account number (Account type: Toza (当座)).
*Please put “1002 kanpa” in the reference section.
Use the power of the internet!
Send a message to PM Abe and voice your disapproval
ABE UNDER SIEGE: http://abe-no.net/approval/